This is the official art commission information for MatterIntoTheVoid; Allison Wilson, for the year 2012 to 2013. These guidelines and rules, as well as prices and availability of the commission types are subject to change at any point in time. This is a structured form outlining your rights as the buyer and my rights as the artist/ seller. The terms are negotiable to an extent and once the final price is negotiated, it cannot be changed, unless these circumstances follow:
- Your commission has not yet been started and you have not paid, but wish to make a change to the commission before you pay.
- You wish to terminate your commission; in this case you must NOT have paid.
Your rights as the buyer are secured and should there be a change in the rights or costs, AFTER you have negotiated and paid, or AFTER you have negotiated but NOT PAID, you will NOT be affected by the change and will go on with your original commission price and negotiation. Should the rules/ rights be changed BEFORE you begin negotiating you WILL be subject to the new guidelines and rights. No exceptions. Your rights are as follows:
- You have the right to request to any commission type so long as it is offered at the time of your request.
- You are allowed to negotiate the content of the image, however prices are normally fixed and do not alter unless a. You wish to add to the image or b. You change the commission type BEFORE payment.
- You are allowed to request updates at any point in time AFTER the piece has been started. You can view the process of your commission status on DeviantArt or Furaffinity.net (not .com. That’s a porn site). You can also view image updates of your commission on my twitter or my Tumblr.
- As the buyer you have the right to request a change to the commissioned piece at intervals during the process. You MUST request to see the piece before the beginning of each step if you wish to make changes. Otherwise I will go on without notifying you of the progress.
- You may request to pay half the amount before start, and the rest once it is finished. However if you do not request this, YOU MUST PAY IN FULL BEFORE I START.
My obligation to you:
I MUST tell you WHEN to pay for the piece at the beginning of the piece. I will inform you once the piece is finished and you must send in the final pay then. I will send you a detailed shot of the piece, not the whole to see. Once you send the final pay I will send you the full piece. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may request to have the image Re-done (in which the old piece will be SCRAPPED. This means it must be deleted from your database/computer) OR you may request the original negotiation for half the price.
I will put forth all my effort into every piece and present full, complete work unless your request a speed paint, in which case the terms of detail will follow suit in the Speed Paint area.
My rights as the artist.
- I have the right to turn down any character or buyer should I feel that I cannot do the character or commission.
- I have the right to VOID your Commission at ANY point in time, in which case I will send you a notification email, two weeks before I finalize the Void. In this two weeks you can re-negotiate or alter your commission. If you already paid for the commission and I Void it, you will be paid back in full, ONLY IF YOU FOLLOWED THE PAY RULES. If you did not follow the pay rules, you will be paid in HALF THE ORIGINAL PRICE.
- I can only Void a commission WITH PROPER REASON. If you feel the reason is not legit, you are welcome to negotiate and state your opinion. If you do not respond to the Email your submission will become Void and your payment will be returned as following the terms in Bullet Two.
- I have the right to publish the commission wherever I want, this includes Tumblr, Twitter, BlogSpot, DeviantArt, FurAffinity, or any other forum based/ art database or blog site.
- I do NO have the right to sell your commission as a print or to any other person, UNLESS I am giving permission from you, OR, you have commissioned me to draw one of my characters. If you commission an interactions between one of my characters/ species with your own, then I must gain permission from you to sell it as a print.
- I may not post the image until you have paid all you owe.
- I have the right to take as long as I wish to complete the commission, however I will not take an excessive amount of time. You can be assured that I will not take any longer than a month, UNLESS I have an emergency that comes up, or I become busy with my non-commission.
- I have the right to shut down my commissions at any time. I MUST finish any commissions that were taken on BEFORE the shut down.
A Personal note.
I now work as a Navy Seaman Recruit, this means that I WILL be shipped off to not only Basic Training on January 15th, but also I will attend a Technical school for training for my job int he Navy. I will be gone approximately 26 weeks, but this is only an estimate. Also, after my training I will be admitted into Active Duty. This means that I will not have all the time to work on commissions, if at all. Active Duty is FOUR YEARS. During these four years I will work here and there on Commissions I owe and get them done and uploaded if I owe any commissions. However my goal is to finish these commissions BEFORE I AM SHIPPED TO BASIC TRAINING. After my Four years are done, I will be put into the Reserves, in which case I will re-open commissions.
If I am returned to Active Duty for WHATEVER REASON THE GOVERNMENT DEEMS NECESSARY, I will SHUT DOWN commissions BEFORE I am shipped with at least a MONTH’S notice to the buyers.
I have the right to turn down any commission, or buyer for whatever reason I wish. To avoid unnecessary turn downs I have compiled two lists. One is what I will draw, one is what I will NOT draw. READ BOTH LISTS CAREFULLY AS IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS YOU MAY BE TURNED DOWN AND BE TOLD TO READ THIS PART ANYWAY.
What I Will draw:
- Mythical Characters
- Anthro Characters, such as CLEAN furry.
- Creatures of any kind excluding those who resemble a human.
- Non- Mythical animals, such as dogs, cats, lizards, snakes ect.
- Art that is being bought as a GIFT for another person. I MUST BE GIVEN PROPER PROOF OF THE REASON AND NATURE OF THE GIFT.
What I will not draw
- Porn or other sexual interactions.
- Humans or human-like creatures, EXCLUDING THOSE OF THE ANTHRO/FURRY (CLEAN)KIND.
- Fetishes of any form, including Vore, BDSM, Inflation, ect.
- Other artist’s characters or species THAT DO NOT BELONG TO YOU. If you own a character of the species I will require the owner of the species to send me a message APPROVING the commissioned character.
If you have any questions about what I will and won’t draw that are not listed above, ask them, I will add any answered asks to this form.
I will only accept payment from and through PayPal IN UNITED STATES DOLLARS. It is YOUR responsibility to convert any non USD into USD. I WILL KNOW THE CORRECT AMOUNT MYSELF. HOWEVER YOU MUST DO SO AS WELL TO CONFIRM WITH ME. People make mistakes.
To begin the process you will EMAIL ME at Syndicatekatell@hotmail.com with the email entitled “Commission from -Your dA/FA/Twitter/Tumblr/ Other Site Name-.” The content of the email should include ALL DETAILS about what KIND of commission and what CONTENT OF THE COMMISSION you wish to have.
I will answer your email with the confirmation of ACCEPTED or VOID. If I VOID your commission I will explain why in the email and you will have the choice to either decline the commission or correct it to fit my guidelines. If I ACCEPT your commission I will move you to the next step.
The next step is the payment. You may choose to pay HALF the amount owed, of which will be given to you by me in the Accept/Void process, and half at the end of the commission. You may also pay to HOURS worked on the commission, though this kind of payment is reserved for CERTAIN types of commissions. You may choose to pay ALL IN FULL UPFRONT. If you do not pay in halves, YOU MUST PAY ALL UPFRONT. Other payment choices, such as a 25% plan, or 75% are allowed as well.
If you wish to see updates of your piece, YOU MUST NOTIFY ME OF THIS and when you wish to see updates.
You will be informed when the piece is finished by email, at which time you will be given a close up shot of the image and you will pay the final should you have payed in any other plan aside from full up front. If you paid full up front you will be given the whole image once it is completed, not a close up.
If you wish to have traditional images mailed to you, you must pay for the cost of the shipping and handling.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU EITHER LABEL THE PAYMENT AS “OTHER” IN PAYPAL, OR ADD IN AN EXTRA DOLLAR OR TWO TO PAY FOR THE DEDUCTIONS THAT PAYPAL TAKES OUT.
Now onto the final bit. The Commission types.
- Traditional “Clean” Sketches / Pencil -> $20 USD. These are traditionally done and “clean” meaning any smudges are erased and the line work is crisp, no shading except for any markings found on the character.
- Traditional “Clean” Sketches/ Pen -> $20 USD. Done in pencil then inked. No shading.
- Traditional “Soft” sketches/ Pencil -> $30 USD. These are traditionally done with basic soft/light shading.
- Traditional “Soft” sketches/ Pen -> $30 USD. Done in pencil, then inked, with soft shadows in pen.
- Traditional “Hard” Sketches/ Pencil -> $40 USD. Done in pencil with heavy contrasts in dark and light shadows. This is a FULL SHADED piece.
- Traditional “Hard” Sketches/ Pen -> $40 USD. Done in pencil, the inked, THEN SHADED IN INK. You may choose an ink color and if I have it, I will do it in that color.
- Digital Sketch -> $20 USD. Done in an art program with a tablet. This is an uncleaned black and white sketch.
- Digital Line Art -> $40 USD. Sketched and then cleaned up with crisp linework. You may color this.
- Digital Flat Colors -> $60 USD. This is digitally done with flat colors, NO SHADING.
- Digital Cell Shading -> $75 USD. Cell shaded digital piece.
- Digital Full Shade -> $90 USD. A full shaded piece in digital work.
- Speed Paint -> $150 USD. A speed paint with detailed background. Done digitally.
- Reference Sheet -> $200 USD. A FULL Reference sheet done Digitally. Comes with a background border and gradient.
- Digital Icon Piece -> $25 USD. An icon piece with soft shades. You will be given the original full piece in size and you are able to change the size yourself to fit your needs.
If you wish to add anything to your commissions it will cost as an “add on fee”
- Border -> $5 USD. To any piece that is DIGITAL. Excluding Reference Sheet
- Backgrounds -> $30 USD. To any piece without a Background. Exlcuding SPEED PAINTS AND REFERENCES.
- Alpha Channels -> $2 USD. Add an alpha channel instead of a background.
- Extra Characters -> Are allowed up to TWO characters without add on fee. Three or more is required a fee of $5 USD for EVERY EXTRA CHARACTER. Traditional has a limit of FOUR characters, Digital is restricted by the SIZE of your commission.
If you want to ask about something NOT on the list, feel free to ask. I will add it if it is accepted.
There is no add on or fee for image Size in Digital.
All Traditional images are done on regular size paper. YOU MAY REQUEST A PRINT. This can be done through Deviant Art ONLY.
Remember to email me for any information on commissions or to order a commission at Syndicatekatell@hotmail.com